Chocolate Covered Salted Maca Caramel Bites
This easy to make treat is only 5 ingredients & will satisfy any sweet cravings. They're also vegan & paleo friendly, gluten free & nut free.
Easy treat and dessert recipes are an essential. I mean, who doesn't love sweets that are not a hassle to make? Especially when it contains chocolate AND caramel.
Have you jumped on the maca bandwagon yet? I've been adding maca to everything lately and it works so well with this recipe because of it's caramel-like undertone. Not to mention it's hormonal health benefits!
I used tahini for this recipe to keep it nut free (and because I've been obsessed with this ingredient lately too) but cashew and/or almond butter is just as delicious!
If I haven't already convinced you to try these babies out through pictures, let me try by telling you a lil' more about them. They're:
- only 5 ingredients
- vegan & paleo friendly
- oil, dairy, gluten & nut free
- sweetened with dates
- soft and chewy like real caramel
- perfectly coated with chocolate to compliment the sweet dates
If you make these caramel bites, please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- 135g soft dates
- 75g tahini
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 150g semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- Total time: <30 minutes
- Makes 12-16
- Keep in freezer
- Can sub tahini for any other nut butter
- Use SOFT dates, I've tried using other kinds and they did not come out as caramel-y
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor and process until dough like consistency
- Roll into a cylinder, wrap and place into the freezer for 15 minutes
- Take them out of the freezer and cut them into pieces (around half inch)
- Place them back into the freezer
- Meanwhile, melt down your chocolate
- Take the caramel pieces back out of the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate
- Add a small sprinkle of salt over each piece and place back into the freezer until chocolate hardens