Rich, fudgy and full of chocolatey goodness with the perfect amount of Tahini swirls. They're vegan, gluten free, nut free & oil-free using a hidden ingredient that everyone loves!
Is there ever a specific time of the day when brownies arn't a good idea? I think not. Brownie's can be enjoyed at any time of the day in my book.
See and feel the brownies through these images- it is always a good time for brownies- so grab those ingredients and start baking (you won't be disappointed).
It is delectably fudgy, in and out packed with rich chocolatey goodness with the perfect amount of tahini peeping through to your taste buds. They're elegant, bold and crowd pleasing- just as good as they look.
NOW... if for some reason you don't like tahini- feel free to sub with any other nut/seed butter of your choice. Or skip the swirls all together. OR try my gal Meg's Chocolate Fudge Brownies. They are made out of tahini, HOWEVER you can't taste it! They're naturally sweetened, gluten-free and nut free. Also, can we just take a second to admire that drizzle over the brownies... yum.
Now, it's time to get your brownie game on. If you make these brownies, please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp soy milk (depending on how runny your tahini is)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 small avocado (approx 1/2 c)
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 c gluten free flour*
- 1/2 c cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F)
- In a bowl, mix together the tahini, maple syrup, maca powder and salt. Add in 1 tbsp of almond milk and mix. Depending on how runny your tahini is, you may need to add 1 tbsp more. The consistency should be thick, but viscous enough for it to be able to swirl.
- In to blender, blend the avocado, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Into a bowl, sift in your flour, cacao powder and baking soda. Then add the pinch of salt and mix.
- Pour in the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and then pour it into a square 8x8 parchment lined pan
- Swirl in your tahini mixture. Here is a good video on how to make beautiful swirls!
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (It should be done when you you poke a fork through and it comes out clean!)