Pineapple Coconut Panna Cotta (vegan
This Coconut Pineapple Panna Cotta recipe is a perfect light and refreshing dessert. It's fruity, creamy & delicious!
How are you enjoy your summer so far? The weather has been all over the place here in Toronto, but despite the shine or gloomy days I'm always in the mood for dessert after a long day. I have been loving fresh and cold desserts like ice cream, frozen yogurt, fruit sorbets and yep- pana cotta! Have you tried pana cotta before? If you answered no, then this might end up being your new go-to summer dessert.
Pana cotta is a chilled Italian dessert traditionally made with gelatin and heavy cream but it can easily be made allergen-free and vegan by swapping out those two ingredients with agar and coconut milk.
The beauty of pana cotta is that it requires only a few simple ingredients and can be made ahead of time. Plus, it's pretty hard to mess up which is what I love about this dessert. Full proof for any occasion & a definite crowd pleaser!
If you prefer a even lighter pana cotta, you can swap the full fat coconut milk for a light version or even regular plant based milk! I have tried it all three ways and it is still satisfying and tastes wonderful.
I hope you make this Coconut Pineapple Pana Caotta & love them as much as I do because they're:
- vegan & vegetarian friendly
- gluten, gelatin & dairy free
- healthy & refreshing
- the perfect dessert on a hot day
- simple & easy to make
- & oh so creamy and decadent
If you make this super refreshing pana cotta please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- Blend the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla into the blender
- Pour a little over 1/2 of the mixture into the small sauce pan and whisk 1/2 tsp of agar on medium heat until a gentle simmer. Be sure to stir consistently for around 5 minutes until the agar is diluted and becomes slightly thick.
- Pour into 3-4 glass jars evenly and let it cool in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, blend the remaining mixture with the pineapple, and repeat step #2
- Pour the mixture in the glass jars once the coconut base is set & place back in the fridge until firm.
- Stop with strawberry sauce & enjoy :)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5oz)
- 120-150g pineapple, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, scrapped (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2-3 slivers of lemon skin
- 1 tsp agar
- optional: strawberry sauce
- Total time: 1 hour
- Makes 3 servings