An easy Vegan Noodle Salad with delicious refreshing vegetables all tossed in a creamy miso tahini dressing that comes together in just 15 minutes.
Summer is finally here! Which means my salad cravings begin to crawl back out. I know I just posted a Home Style Vegan Chick-un Salad Recipe, but all I'm hungry for in the summer is refreshing vegetables and fruits. But I know I need the energy from carbs to fuel my days, so my go to is always cold pasta or noodle salads. Especially when it's covered in a delicious creamy yet refreshing dressing... yes please!
The Sesame Miso Dressing goes well with any kind of vegetables so feel free to switch it up with your favourites! I decided to use Buckwheat Noodles aka Soba Noodles to match the Asian ingredient theme and because they're gluten-free (make sure to check the ingredient list for 100% buckwheat flour!).
I hope you give this Sesame Miso Noodle Salad a go & love them as much as I do because it's:
- vegan & vegetarian friendly
- packed with a variety of vegetables
- gluten-free & nut free
- tossed in a flavourful creamy dressing
- refreshing for hot summer days
- so fast & easy to make
- perfect for meal prepping as well!
If you make this dang good sesame miso noodle salad, please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- Cook soba noodles according to directions & once finished rinse with cold water
- Thinly slice all the vegetables & dice the avocado
- Toss all the vegetables together in a bowl with the soba noodles
- Blend all dressing ingredients together
- Toss the salad with the dressing then add the avocado and gently toss the salad once more
- Serve with sesame seeds & scallions
- 2 servings 100% buckwheat/soba noodles
- 1 c edamame beans, unshelled
- 1/2 c bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 c julienned carrots
- 1/2 c sugar snap peas
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Optional toppings: green onions, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
- Dressing can be stored for up to a week separately from the salad
- Salad can be mixed day before
- Add in any of your favourite veggies! It also works really well with spinach, lettuce & steamed and cooled broccoli.
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water